Friday, October 10, 2008

Most rewarding show ever!

WOW! On October 4th at 7 o'clock, we put on what I will remember as the most rewarding show I ever did. Not only did I have a great time watching Bloodline, a local band of teenagers put on a great opener, but I had a blast performing for folks I know and love. Most of all, I felt this wonderful sense of giving back to a lady who has given so much to me and lots of others. Jan Sturdevant is one of the strongest, most caring ladies I've known. She is fighting cancer....for the third time. Being able to encourage her emotionally and raise some money too, is such a great feeling!! I am not one of those folks who is able to send a check for thousands of dollars...because I don't have it! BUT what I COULD do is use the talents God blessed me with to RAISE something for her....yay!

The show was a great success, I sold our of cds, sold some shirts, some special items in Jan's honour, and just had a great time.

The best part is that I got to visit with her on Monday, after all the work was done. I was thrilled to get to see her and just hope I brought a little joy to her day. I love my cheerleading coach, algebra teacher, friend. Get well, Jan: WE ALL KNOW YOU CAN. And we will be praying!!

If you'd like to help raise more money for her medical bills, you can go to http://www.gentryphotos.myphotoalbum.com

and order pictures of the show...your donation will go to Jan's special account. THANK YOU!!!

2 comments:

Felicia said...

That's awesome! AND, I tagged you! Check out my latest blog for details!

Lisa said...

I really wanted to go but I was sick. Hope you do another show in Ada before long.