Thursday, December 18, 2008

Christmas, and planning ahead for 2009


Wow...can you believe it's already Christmas time?! I'm blown away by how fast this year has gone by.

So, we're leaving Monday night(22nd) for Oklahoma, and I just can't wait to be around family and friends. It will be a quick trip, packed with good times, food, nieces and nephews...the best! I am thrilled to be getting away for a little bit.

Looking back on 2008, I am pretty overwhelmed by how God has blessed us. We are both making a living in a time when you can't take your job for granted. I am still singing and writing, and I thank the Lord for opening some new doors in that area. Jesse volunteers on the Williamson County Rescue Squad and really likes it. His business is still growing as well, thank you Jesus!

In 2009, we will be pushing my music really hard again. We really feel like God is giving us renewed 'energy' for it, and we're excited to get moving. In fact, if anyone reading this knows of a music venue near you that books bands, let me know...we may just head your way! Any music outlet is great...I'm focusing on Country and Christian music, but you all know I love singing some old school Etta James and other classics too!

We have become a part of an amazing group of people at Music City Assembly of God in Nashville, and have the greatest small group ever! You can't beat having a bunch of friends who are fervently seeking to do God's will...it's awesome serving with them.

If 2009 brings you through Nashville, please let us know! We always love seeing old friends and making new ones.

Merry Christmas and Happy 2009!

3 comments:

Cami+ said...

Que lindo saber de tus noticias! espero que este proximo año este lleno de nuevos desafios y nediciones de Dios. Adhiero al aprendizaje que compartiste de PARAR y reconocer que Dios es el señor...es una larga historia, pero estoy aprendiendo mucho de eso en este tiempo.
Un beso enorme, todo lo mejor para el 2009 y espero que nos crucemos en algun momento!
Cami

Felicia said...

Yay for Oklahoma! I'm leaving tomorrow and CAN'T WAIT! And that has got to be the most gorgeous pic of you and your hubby! What business is he pursuing? I'm sure 2009 will bring you much success!

Felicia said...

I have something for you at my blog!