Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Careful

Be careful what you wish for. So many of us want to "be rich", but lately so many of the "rich" have had nothing but stress, loss, suffering. I just saw on the news this morning that the CFO of Freddie Mac commited suicide. Now here is a man who had built an awful lot of wealth in his life, and who had an incredible amount of responsibility. I obviously feel awful for his family and friends, but the thought that really struck me was, "wow...how glad I am to be a "regular" income earning citizen".

How important it is, especially these days, to know where our worth comes from...the LORD. The King of Kings! The CREATOR of this entire universe and beyond! The one and only true and living GOD! My heavenly Father who cares for me sincerely and purposefully sent His SON to save my soul. WOW...money? Who needs it!!!!

I know for believers this makes perfect sense, but if anyone who is reading this doesn't know who Jesus really is, still consider the fact that money does not fulfill...never will. What fulfills us is relationship. RELATIONSHIP. And I have found that the number one most fulfilling relationship I can have is the one with my Creator. He knows me better than I will ever know myself. Just like a scientist knows his inventions better than anyone. Makes sense to me!

So what do you want~ money? or relationship?

:) YOUR COMMENTS WELCOME!

3 comments:

Felicia said...

Wow, I hadn't heard about that. It's sad how some people feel like they have no other option than to just give up. Too bad he couldn't have read your blog first....he may have had a change of heart.

marciisaacs said...

Those are some good thoughts, Rebecca! Thanks for sharing. Love ya!

marciisaacs said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.