Tuesday, May 12, 2009

BURSTING AT THE SEAMS! (No, really)


It's been too long! I have to say the past few weeks have been nothing but emotional for us. It's been up and down and getting round. Yep, you'll see what I mean!


On April 25th, my husband, Jesse lost his daddy, suddenly, and uexpectedly. What a rough time for all of us. Jesse did the eulogy at the service and was wonderful. They also had the Marine Corps Honor Guard there to do the presentation of the flag. Very impactful, and unforgetable. Mike was very proud of being in the military, and he served it well for many years. He fought in Vietnam and then came home to join the Coast Guard. He said he was ready to save lives, instead of destroying them. Jesse has many memories of his daddy in uniform and getting to play on base.


In the midst of all the commotion, we got to share that we are expecting our first child! We were so blessed to have joyful news to share in the shadows of what was going on. The news of a baby always brings light, and it was a much needed light this time. I know this child will bring us all joy for many years to come!


So as for the pregnancy, I'm definately FEELING IT! It's crazy how soon you just know you are pregnant. I told someone close to me that I knew thought I was pregnant two weeks before I could take the test...I was right! It's been a trying time, being that I've been experiencing what I like to call "all day sickness" on most days. Yuck! And yes, I know it's all very much worth it, but, oh boy, is it disgusting!


Jesse and I are so proud and excited, but I'm the one who is bursting at the seams....literally! I am already unable to wear most of my "normal" wardrobe, and am having to resort to other options. So, yes, I'm getting progressively rounder...day by day.


God is so faithful, and I know this baby is a gift from Him, and that makes me so happy. I am praying that He grants us the wisdom to raise this child in the way he/she should go, so that He will be honored through his/her life!

5 comments:

Deanna said...

Congratulations!

Lisa said...

Congrats!! You guys will be great parents. :) And it will be one cute baby for sure.

AllyKatt said...

oh, congratulations, hon! you're going to be the best mommy ever!

if you need anything, let me know!

*starts knitting more baby presents*

Felicia said...

Oh I bet you were also bursting at the seams to post this! lol! Again; congrats!!! Can't wait for future posts all about your pregnancy! And I agree with your friend Lisa: you guys will creat some cute children!!!

Lisa said...

There is an award for you on my site. :)

http://retrohousewife05.blogspot.com/2009/05/award.html