Friday, August 8, 2008

What a 9 month old taught me

Okay, so here's the deal...this little guy (who I like to call my boyfriend) is Jackson, son of my great friends, Stephen & Kelli Taylor. I know, he's just adorable, right? And of course it doesn't hurt that he's happy with ME!
BUT...that's not the point today. I was just thinking about the fact that he doesn't have to WORRY! He just trusts that mommy and daddy love him and will provide him everything he needs. Yeah, he might cry when he's hungry or needing a diaper change, etc...but it's not like he's thinking, "Oh, no!! I wonder if I'll get fed!! Will they change me??" NO...he's just saying, "Hey, guys...uh...it's time! I'm ready for food! I'm not comfortable..." He KNOWS he's taken care of. He doesn't worry about stuff. Oh to be there again!
So, you may wonder what in the world I'm getting at. What I'm saying is we need to be that way with God...OUR Father! How many times do you worry needlessly about stuff? Does it help? I doubt it!
Matthew 6:25-34
25 "Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more important than food, and the body more important than clothes? 26 Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? 27 Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life? 28 "And why do you worry about clothes? See how the lilies of the field grow. They do not labor or spin. 29 Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. 30 If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you, O you of little faith? 31 So do not worry, saying, 'What shall we eat?' or 'What shall we drink?' or 'What shall we wear?' 32 For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. 33 But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. 34 Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own."
Seriously...just give it a try. DO NOT WORRY!!! It brings a freedom I cannot describe...and you are obeying God when you STOP WORRYING! It's awesome!
I am by no means saying I've mastered this, but I've made the conscious effort, and it's working. I just pray instead...then I KNOW it's taken care of. THE MOST IMPORTANT THING ON THIS EARTH IS YOUR RELATIONSHIPS...not your money, bills, house, clothes, food. NONE of that can go with you to heaven....but YOUR FRIENDS AND FAMILY CAN!!!! YAY!!!!!!!!
Oh, and when you want to worry about everything you DON'T have together, do this instead: count your blessings! (See my first blog post). Doing that will ROCK your world! :)

1 comment:

marciisaacs said...

that's some great advice, rebecca! thanks for sharing! :)